Phone screen repair without UV glue and with UV glue July 15 2014, 2 Comments
How many of us worry about dropping our phones and then, trying to read through a broken screen? Perhaps, it is undoubtedly everybody. However, such accidental drops are sometimes inevitable. And, these are the situations in which we come to your rescue. The next time you accidentally drop your phone, do not shell out even a single penny to buy a new phone. Rather, bring your phone to us and we at Callcom will fix the phone screen in a manner that would make your screen look almost new. In extreme cases, we choose to replace the phone screens.
Now, every time you accidentally break your phone screen, you do not need to visit our Callcom center to get the broken screen fixed. We will now explain a way of fixing a broken phone screen effectively and conveniently.
One of the methods that we use to fix broken phone screens is to make use of UV glue. This method has been proven highly effective. We at Callcom make use of high quality UV glue to fix the broken screens. UV glue can be used to attach the outer glass of the phone to the ITO glass. It can also be used to connect the LCM to the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screen. UV glue can be solidified using a UV flashlight.
Steps to Repair Phone Screens using UV Glue
The steps required to fix a broken phone screen using UV glue are listed below:
- The liquid crystal display (LCD) panel of the phone should be cleaned using a cleaning cloth. Make it a point to use a microfiber cloth and not any piece of cloth that you find lying in your way. While cleaning the LCD panel, ensure that the panel is free of dust, fingerprints and old adhesive.
- The clean LCD panel should now be placed into a fitting template. The fitting templates ensure the correct placement of the LCD and digitizer.
- UV glue should now be applied to the LCD panel. Air bubbles will be formed if enough glue is not poured over the panel. As this process can involve the spilling of the UV glue, keep a cleaning cloth along.
- Apply the right amount of pressure to eliminate extra glue and air bubbles from the LCD panel. More glue has to be applied if the bubbles don’t disappear.
- Once the glue has been properly applied, the LCD assembly has to be placed under the UV lamp or flashlight for 2.5 minutes to solidify the glue.
You would have to repeat this process if the panel is not placed appropriately.
Without UV glue, the panel cannot be placed on the screen effectively. When UV glue is used to fix the broken screens, the touch experience improves due to a better bonding between the screen and the panel. The probability of air and dust entering into the screen is very rare.
Due to all these reasons, we at Callcom recommend all our users to make use of UV Glue to repair the broken phone screens.